Welcome to the website of the BC Art Teachers’ Association, an organization dedicated to supporting and promoting quality art education in BC. We are a provincial specialist association of the BC Teachers’ Federation.
Anyone interested in BCATA Membership can send their completed membership form to the BCTF.
New to the Site:
- Secondment Opportunity_Arts Coordinator_April 2015. This position is to replace the current Arts Coordinator while she is on leave. The Arts Coordinator has been working with the Arts Education Curriculum Writing Teams (K-9 and 10-12) over the past 2 years; 2 of the team members serve on the BCATA executive (Sharon Richards and Charlotte Lightburn), and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Teachers seconded by the Ministry of Education receive their current rate of pay, and some of the conditions, such as holidays and number of days spent in the Ministry of Education office should be worked out with the Ministry. Contact Nancy J. Walt (see the call for applicants for contact information).
- Supplements to the Spring 2015 issue of Visually Speaking
- Conference information for October 2015 (North Vancouver)
- Arts Education (New Curriculum) Draft Documents
- Call for Articles: BCATA Journal
- Call for papers to publish in The Clearing House publication: Call for Proposals – The Arts & Animated Learning
- Publication deadlines for Visually Speaking
- Information about TeachBC