Welcome to the website of the BC Art Teachers’ Association, an organization dedicated to supporting and promoting quality art education in BC. We are a provincial specialist association of the BC Teachers’ Federation.
Anyone interested in BCATA Membership can send their completed membership form to the BCTF.
New to the Site:
Call for Nominations
CSEA Provincial Affiliate Award Nominations
It’s that time of year again!
Do you know an exceptional art teacher who meets the following criteria?
- proven excellence in teaching and or research
- significant contributions to art education
- proven leadership in art education
- upholds the mandate of the CSEA
If so, we want to hear from you!
In order to nominate an art teacher, you must provide the following information:
- Application form
- Two letters of support indicating the nominees worthiness of the award
- A photograph of the nominee
- A brief listing of all the nominee’s achievements in art education
Nominations sent to Charlotte Lightburn, Vice President, BCATA by April 20, 2017
All other CSEA Nominations sent directly to CSEA- by May 21, 2017
- Arts Education (New Curriculum) Draft Documents
- Information about TeachBC
- Sneak peek at the Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies drafts