What is the B.C. Art Teachers’ Association?
The BCATA is an association of teachers dedicated to supporting and promoting quality art education for all British Columbia students. The association provides a network for art educators at the Primary, Intermediate and Graduation levels, and provides opportunities for professional development and collaboration. It is a PSA (provincial specialist association) of the B.C. Teachers’ Federation.
As a BCATA member, you will
- join a network of over 300 K-12 and Post-Secondary art educators in Canada to share ideas and information
- be able to participate in the annual conference with a variety of keynotes, workshops and events
- receive 4 issues of Visually Speaking, a resource for studio and media arts educators at all levels
- receive 2 quality journals on specific issues in art education
- receive a discount card for purchasing art supplies at OPUS stores
To become a BCATA member, complete the PSA (Provincial Specialist Association) application form, and send form and fee to the B.C. Teachers’ Federation. PSA Services, BCTF, 100-550 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4P2