The BCATA regularly publishes and mails out Visually Speaking, a teaching resource with art education issues, events, and lesson plans for our members. Visually Speaking Vol 21 Issue 4 and October 2010 Visually Speaking are available on-line, and can be downloaded.
Do you have articles, lesson ideas, student art, resource reviews to share?
Please contact the newsletter editor, Sharon Richards, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Westsyde Secondary School, 250-579-9271 (ph), or 250-377-2264 (fax).
- Fall Issue (the Calendar Edition): June 1, 2017
- Winter Issue: September 30, 2017
- Spring Issue: December 15, 2017
- Summer Issue: March 31, 2018
- Fall Issue (the Calendar Edition): June 1, 2018
Download the lesson plan template here:
- New Lesson Plan Template Refillable Form (Based on the new curriculum drafts; must be downloaded first onto your computer, and then it can be filled, saved with a new name, and emailed)
- New Lesson Plan Template (Based on the new curriculum drafts; can be printed and used as a visual reference. Make an unformatted Word Document and email it, or make an unformatted Google Doc and share it with the Visually Speaking editor)
*All images accompanying lesson plans should be jpeg files, with a resolution of 300 dpi. If you don’t know what that means, then just make sure you’re camera is set for the largest size so that the resolution will be good. Please do not send images that have been uploaded to Facebook or other websites that use a resolution of 72 dpi; we need 300 dpi to print the images, so if they’re only 72, they shrink significantly in size and become very pixelated when they are resized.
Make sure you have permission to use student images in your lesson plan or article: